We live in exciting times! There just isn't enough time in the day to explore all my ideas, but I keep trying.
This web site is an electronic journal of sorts, which documents my various projects and prototypes. I built these things because they didn't exist on the commercial market. Below, you'll find a list of articles, which details some of my larger projects. Content is hosted in my old web page style because it was too time consuming to import into my new content management system.
I also keep an electronic notebook (wiki) with useful (to me) information snippets. The wiki contains most of my amateur radio projects, software, research and contest results.
- CruiseEmail (2012-2016) - HF E-mail Package using Pactor Modems
- Vessel Monitoring System( 2015-2016) - hardware to monitor bilge pumps, float switches and batteries
- Internet CW Keyer (2016) - Using CW Paddles to remotely key a Flex 6700.
- Mining the DX Cluster - Predicting band openings for ham radio contests
- Visualizing contest data. - Interesting look at how we operate.
- Six Pack Antenna Switch Controller - Combines two six pack switches for W4RM Contest Station
- Network Emulator - Use Linux to predict how applications will work in a Wide Area Network
- Jabber and Site Player - Combine an embedded web server (Site Player) and Jabber
- N1MM Voice Keyer - use the N1MM contest logging program as a Digital Voice Keyer.
- GPS Receiver Interface - Using a 16F628 to display GPS data
- Field Day 2007 - Operating QRP from Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Beverage RX Antenna Switch (Oct 2007) - Developed to connect 1 of any 6 antennas to 1 of any 4 radios. Used PIC microcontrollers.
- Radio over IP Demo Lab (Oct 2008) - Demonstrating Radio over IP using Open Source Software and Amateur Radio
- Beverage RX Antenna Switch, Version 2.0 (Nov 2009) - Replaces the one above.
- Battery Monitor (2012) Uses the beaglebone and custom designed cape to monitor individual cells in a battery string.
- W7IY Antenna Switch version 2.0 (2012) - Uses a beaglebone, perl and off the shelf relay boards for a network based antenna switch.